Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Decorative Window

Do you have any old windows sitting around your house? A friend of mine has lots of old windows, and one afternoon we both did this project. This is just one way to repurpose it.
This window still had all the glass in it, which was great.
Here are the steps involved:
* Clean off any old paint that I could
* Papered and taped off the panes I wanted left clear and used chalk board paint on the other 3
* Apply another coat of the chalk board paint
* Let it dry completely (one of them had my thumb print in it since I was impatient)
* Dry brush paint the window frame black (which means just a little paint on the brush at a time...to give it the look where you can still see the white original paint through it)
* After everything was completely dry, I painted on the wording. For my window I used Live Simply, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. (The wording was different for my friend's, but I can't remember it right now.)
* At the bottom of the window, there are 2 hooks (which you can't see), where I also tied a long piece of twine from it to the piece of chalk
* Intentions for the worded windows was to put pictures in there. But, I can't say that I have done that yet. Actually, I can't say I have done anything with it yet. Hopefully some day I will!

No comments: